With just a few days left in 2009, I wanted to post some moments this year that stuck with me:
- Discussion about Fx prefix versus namespaces in Flex 4
- Flex Builder to get renamed to Flash Builder
- Fantastic first edition of Flash at the Lake in Zurich, Switzerland
- Carlos Ulloa speaks at TEDGlobal
- Summer of Flash podcast (now RIA Radio) gets started
- Joa Ebert’s jaw dropping presentation at Flash on the Beach
- Ralph Hauwert leaves the Papervision3D team
- Liz Frederik joins Adobe as part of the community program team
- Adobe acquires Omniture for $1.8 billion USD
- Omniture CEO boasting about getting Adobe to pay “a whole lot of money” at the MAX keynote
- AIR 2, Flash Builder 4, Flash Catalyst public beta releases
- Adobe announces native iPhone application export from Flash CS5
- Flash CS5 public beta canceled
The annual tradition of complaining about Adobe MAX not paying speaker expenses of non-Adobe employees can now be put to rest, flight and hotel accommodation were covered and it turned out to be a fantastic event. Looking forward to heading to Los Angeles again next year for more Adobe goodness (and no doubt another trip to Universal Studios Hollywood).
Its been a difficult year for many, another 600 layoffs at Adobe this November – we’ve sadly lost the wonderful Stacy Sison of the community programs, evangelist extraordinaire Rufus Deuchler and several others.
For me personally I spent half a year teaching first year Devine students at the Technical University College of West-Flanders, was invited to speak at 5 conferences, presented 3 Flex/ActionScript workshops, did technical review on 2 books, attended a TED conference and have set up Project Cocoon Multimedia in Pondicherry, India with two good friends and fellow freelancers.
This next year I’m planning to spend both in India and back home in Belgium. I’ll be focusing on training and consultancy and building out our activities with Project Cocoon. You’ll no doubt still see me around at various conferences but plan on cutting down on my speaking engagements.
Wishing you all a fantastic 2010!